Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Soul Flowers!

I had an amazing Easter weekend! I went up to Tennessee and spent the weekend with my family and friends! We went up early Saturday because I had been asked to take some pictures for an AMAZING florist! Her name is Jessica Fell and she owns Soul Flowers. I met Jessica early March at a bridal fair and I knew from the minute I saw her work that our styles and taste were very similar! Jessica has recently moved to Tennessee and has set up shop in Winchester. She had asked me if I could come up and take sme photos of her shop and I was like "Of course!".

I was so excited because this isn't your everyday shoot and it was something new and different. We got up to Winchester around 1. When I walked into her shop, I am pretty sure I gasped. It is AWESOME!!!! I honestly want to move in and live there. If you could imagine anthropologie making over a flower shop then this would be it! It is eclectic and wimsical but everything is placed just right at the same time! She has the exposed brick, the old hard wood floors, and of course she has amazing flowers everywhere! Her knowledge of flowers is abundant and she uses very different flowers (most that I have never seen or heard of).

Well, we had fun shooting the shop and then I asked if she would like me to get a few shots of her and she was like ...well...okay...sure. She admitted to me that she wasn't very comfortable in front of a camera abd that I would probably have to direct her. THe first ten photos were like that but then We started to talk and she just loosened up and started to smile and laugh and got so many beautiful shots of her. I have been so blessed to have met Jessica and cannot wait to get to know her more. I highly suggest anyone and everyone that is looking for a florist to give her a call!!! You can check out her site at http://www.soulflowers.org/ or e-mail or at Jessica@soulflowers.org
Jess, I hope you enjoy the shots I got and cannot wait to come back and get more!!
These are thebeautiful flowers that she sent me home with!Some shots of Jessica!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment